I am finally getting this out!
So, I was excited to find out that both Sarah and Valari nominated me for this award! And since liebster is a kind of weird word, I decided to do a little research on its origin… just for fun. 😉 Apparently the award was started on some German blog, and is thus liebster is German for ‘dearest’, ‘sweetheart’, or ‘most favorite’. In other words, it’s Deutsche for favoritest.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get on with the rest of this.
The rules for the Liebster are:
1) Post the award on your blog
2) Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog
3) Write 11 random facts about yourself
4) Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers (And in the blogging circles I’m in, 200 followers is pretty much a thing of the wistful imagination.)
5) Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
And since I was nominated twice, I’m just going to combine both awards into a
somewhat nice, long post rather than sharing 22 random facts and nominating a whole bunch of people…
Parts 1 & 2~
Rachel K.– She’s super creative and I love how her blog is centered around her fictional world of Halaran.
Rachel K ~ She provides a great variety of interesting posts, and I can tell from her personality that I could get along with her great if we lived in the same area! (Not to mention she’s my #1 commenter….:))
Now for the eclectic bunch of info…
1) I am the oldest of 7 (going on 8!) kids, and my siblings are probably my best friends.
2) I don’t like pig bacon. *gasp* The whitish fat stuff springs back when you pull on it, okay?
3) I have never read the Lord of the Rings series even though my siblings have and it’s a commonly mentioned thing in our house.
4) I am technically a mime because I do acting without words. But I despise being called that. (You can check out the ministry I silently act *cough* with at their blog.)
5) I have been to India.
6) I love Jane Austen movies (not just for the romance). And I love to quote them.
7) My siblings and I
used to make chess sets out of the people at church. For example, Mr. S was the king, Mrs. S was the queen, their kids were the knights and/or bishops and/or rooks, etc. Sometimes we would draw the whole set out.
8) When I get really excited, I like to jump up and down. X)
9) I’m a bit of a Narniac. I used to dream of being Lucy when I was little. And sometimes, I still do…
10) I don’t really like Parmesan cheese.
11) I have blue eyes.
They were supposed to be random, alright?
Tabitha~ I like your blog’s theme/flavor, ‘Forest of Thoughts’. I enjoy your journals and passion for Christ.
Now for Sarah’s questions:
1. Favorite Christmas song this year? Probably ‘Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!’ But I’ve always liked ‘O Come, O Come, Emmanuel’ and a whole bunch of others…
2. If you had to say only one word for the rest of your life, what would it be? Ugh! Why must you ask such questions?! They require too much thought to answer. >:| How about ‘apencilandpaperplease’?
3. Would you rather have an extra eye, arm, or leg? The extra arm would be most handy (no pun intended), as well as probably the easiest to remove if I decided I really hated how efficient I could be.
4. If you could meet any Bible character (besides God/ Jesus/ Holy Spirit) which one would it be and why? I would meet… hmm. This is harder to choose than I thought it would be. Maybe Mary?
5. A Christmas elf is dancing on your front doorstep. What do you do? First, I look perplexedly out the window. Then, I’d turn and call, “Um, Mom? There’s a little Christmas elf dancing on the front steps.”
6. Live in the countryside or city? Countryside — definitely. But not so rural you couldn’t see anyone for miles, kind of thing.
7. If today was going to be wiped from everyone’s memory but yours, what would you do? I would do all the things I’ve always wanted to but was to afraid of what people might think to do. And I wouldn’t have any deep, meaningful conversations or do anything I’d want someone else to remember.
8. Favorite pizza topping? Lots of cheese. I’m not big on other toppings…
9. What is something that you don’t like but most other people do? Real bacon.
10. Which fictional villain do you most identify with? What kind of question is that? *cough* I mean, Dracula, of course. ;P
11. Do you think you are on Santa’s good list or naughty list this year? Nice — duh. 😉
And Valari’s questions:
1. Since we’re all writers here, what’s your favorite story you’ve ever written? I haven’t really written a whole lot of stories — that were very good, at any rate. *sigh* My favorite I’ve written is probably my CW7, The Father’s Sons. But I’m kind of anticipating better stuff with this semester’s novel project…. *shivers and raises eyebrows with delight*
2. Do you prefer being in the great outdoors, or are you more of a homebody? Both. I love being outside — particularly in the summer. But I love reading inside and snuggling in bed in the winter.
3. Do you have a favorite holiday besides Christmas? Hmm… I might have to say the 4th of July. It’s in summer, and it isn’t as stressful as some of the other holidays.
4. Are you making any New Year’s resolutions for 2015? This goes to show how late I am with getting this post out. 😦 My sort of informal resolution is to be more intentional about my relationships this year. I want to try to take a deeper stake in my family members’ lives. I want to get past a lot of my self-consciousness and reach out to show interest in others’ lives.
5. If you could visit any country in the world, what would it be? I think I’d pick the UK since it has both Scotland and England. But the others on my list include Ireland, New Zealand (aka Narnia and Middle Earth), and Israel.
6. Do you have a favorite number? If so, what? I know it’s kind of popular, but I still really like 7.
7. Do you like using tags on your blog? Yes, although they can be a hastle to remember sometimes.
8. What’s your favorite amusement park/funhouse? Kennywood, near Pittsburgh, PA. It’s the only one I’ve been to. =)
9. What’s your favorite season of the year and why? Summer. My birthday is then. School is out. I can wear short sleeves and flip-flops and capris and skirts and colorful things. There’s leaves on the trees and flowers. There’s lightning bugs out at night. It’s warm. “In summer!”
10. Do you play sports? If not, do you have a favorite sport? I don’t play sports — not really athletic. My favorites are archery, fencing, and horseback riding. But my favorite to watch is probably is figure skating.
11. What, in your opinion, is the best part about having a blog? I like being able to share my writing with others and get feedback on it. I haven’t really gotten a whole lot of that experience as a homeschooler.
And I love playing with the layout and picking the pictures and colors and format and all. 😀
And finally for my 11 random questions for my 3 nominees:
1) Legolas — swoon, ugh, so-so. What’s your reaction?
2) Favorite Chronicle of Narnia?
3) What’s your preferred Bible translation to read?
4) What book did you most recently put down?
5) Are you satisfied with your blog, or do you wish you could start it over?
6) If you had to pick, would you rather be dumb/mute or blind for the rest of your life? *gulp*
7) What are your thoughts on lying when Nazis come and demand to know if there are Jews in your house? Is it justifiable? (I just want to know your opinion — I’m not sure if I’ve figured out mine.)
8) Ever been out of the U.S.? Where to?
9) If you could pick 5 countries to visit, which would you pick? Why?
10) What are you top 3 favorite states?
11) Since we’re all girls, how about earrings? Do you prefer posts, hoops, dangling, or none?
Have fun! 😉