So, I was doubly tagged for this award last April, and this post has been sitting in my drafts for a whole lot of months…. O.O shame on me, I know. just life and figuring out college and working and such.
So, the official Rules for the award are:
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
#1 -- the thank you and follow
I was nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award by Kayla and Valari, two of my CW classmates. Thanks so much, girls! And I sincerely apologize for not having gotten to finishing this for 11 months. ❤ And since I’ve been following their blogs, Imagination and Wonderland since they first created them, I will simply recommend here that you should check out their blogs. (They’re both really strong writers!)
#2 -- the facts
Let’s see. The most horribly awkwardest part of these things.
- I graduated high school last spring, and I am taking a gap year before starting college.
- I have 3 sisters and 4 brothers.
- I am 17 1/2 years older than my youngest brother.
- I can crack 2 eggs at once (one in each hand, of course).
- I have blue eyes.
- My house used to be St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, and it was built in 1877.
- I’ve lived in the same house since I was 3.
- I prefer that the Chronicles of Narnia be read in the order they were written, rather than the chronological order.
- I only have 2 more facts until the end.
- My favorite genre to both read and write is historical fiction. ❤
- I used to hate writing, and Mom, an English major, insisted I work on it (and helped me a lot, of course <3). Now, I love writing, and am planning on majoring in some derivative of it.
#3 -- the questions
First, I’ll do Kayla’s questions
1. If you could have one ability (realistic or not) what would it be?
only one?? Probably being able to speak any and every language without having to learn them. Though, it would also be nice if I could make it sunny on winter mornings. or fly.
2. On a scale of Fred & George to Hermione (or 1 to 10 for you non-Potterheads) how much do you enjoy school?
Since I’m not a Potterhead, I will just say somewhere 7 and 9, depending on what part and if I’m behind or not. But since I graduated last spring and haven’t done school for the past 10 months, I’m really looking forward to starting something in the fall!
3.How many pleasure books would you say you read a month?
Well, sometimes/often the books I have to read are pleasurable. But of straight for-fun that have no deadline? about 0.75 to one a month, now that I’m not doing schoolwork. Just to clarify, I’m reading around working 2 part-time jobs, reading 1 book a month for our Mom-and-I book group, and slogging through City of God by Augustine for a summer camp. More reading than I did at the end of my senior year, though….
4. Favorite letter of the alphabet?
Um, maybe A? just because it has such a wide range of pronunciations, and you can combine it with some many other letters to make so many fun sounds and words
5. What’s the longest amount of time you’ve gone without sleep? (I would ask, “what’s the latest you’ve stayed up,” but I think we’re all at the point where staying up until 5AM is a cakewalk…)
The longest amount of time without sleep. probably ~20 hours? I think that particular day, I hadn’t fallen asleep until around midnight the night before, slept poorly because floors aren’t soft, and then woken up around 5:45 EST to leave head to the airport. Then, I flew to California (3 hours behind), and ended up going to sleep around 10:15, which was like 1:15 on my body clock. But I’ve never stayed up till 5 AM, I don’t think…. Except for maybe a 10-hour time zone change, once? But I’m not sure if that counts.
6. What’s the coolest place you’ve visited so far in your life?
India. Although, I was only 10 when I went, so I don’t remember it as well I should like. 😦 My family was strongly considering moving there as missionaries, but it didn’t end up working out. It’s the only time I’ve ever been out of the States.
Other than that, Williamsburg is absolutely amazing– and one of my favorite time periods of history, too!
7. How much time do you waste thinking about doing your homework as opposed to actually doing it?
Um…. Since the deal with homeschool is that 100% of your schoolwork is homework, it’s kind of hard to draw that line, and so doing school of any sort is pretty much doing homework. That being said, the time probably varies on how much I am or am not frustrated with the assignment/myself and my inability to do what I think I ought to. So, in such cases, probably too much time?
8. What color are your eyes? #creeperquestion
Funny you should ask. Blue.
9. Would you say you have a lot of friends, but only a few close ones, or virtually no friends, but those you do have are borderline soul mates? (I will unashamedly say I am the latter).
The latter. But I think I’m improving on being sociable?? at least more so than I was 4 years ago… My other problem is that I have a knack for making good friends that don’t live near me. 😦
10. Do you get bored easily?
Time is precious thing. Who can spend it on getting bored?
11. Describe your best friend in three words/phrases?
Wow. Let’s see… Maybe reading, loving, and joyful?
Now for Valari’s 11 questions.
1. Okay, what do you think of the name Infinity Dreams Award, anyhow?
Not exactly sure what to think of it. Who came up with it? What’s it supposed to mean? What on earth does it have to do with the actual tag?
Hope that counts as an answer.
2. Have you already been nominated and are hating me right now?
I was nominated by Kayla on April 4, and by you on April 14. So, I had already been nominated, yes. But no, I’m not hating you right now. There’s been plenty of time to heal the wound. x)
3. What’s your take on Super Smash Bros Brawl? Or do you care? Or do you even know what it is?
don’ t even know what it is.
4. My mom literally just told me three people died from eating ice cream. Your first thought on the matter?
How much did they eat? What flavor? And wow. How horrible! I mean, of all the ways to die!!
5. What do you love most about your novel project? (If you’re not in the middle of one, what do you love most about any longish story you’ve written before?)
The fact that it kind of took on a life and a depth I never thought it would. Not that I’m exactly satisfied with it, but when I started my NP for CW class (a whole year ago), I thought it was going to turn out absolutely pathetically.
6. What do you hate most about your novel project? (See above question for alternative answer.)
The plot isn’t complicated enough. Also, this is hard to embellish/fix because my whole story takes place in less than a week.
7. Is writing your passion, hobby, or worst nightmare?
Like I mentioned in the facts, it used to be my worst nightmare. Somewhere around 7th grade, I kind of realized, “Oh, I can actually do this!” And now it’s growing into something more resembling a passion. It’s not a hobby exactly, because I’m not a quick writer. 😛 But I love words.
8. Has a book ever made you cry?
Yes. A Tale of Two Cities. A Sparrow Alone. The Book Thief. The Giver. Probably some others.
9. When you were little, did you ever try to balance the light switch perfectly between ON and OFF? (If not, you’ve missed out on the joys of childhood.)
I think so. I don’t have any distinct recollections of it, but I can totally see myself wrestling with that. I definitely did it with silverware on my fingers….
10. What’s your overall opinion of WordPress? Does it ever annoy you in any way?
Overall, I really like it. Sometimes, it annoys me because it updates itself so frequently, but I like WordPress blogs SO much better than Blogger blogs.
11. Do you absolutely LOVE my novel project? (Go ahead and say no; I won’t cry.)
I really liked The Tower of Ogelz. I mean, I did you for my ghost write in that sandbox. ❤ Maybe not absolutely LOVE in all caps, just ’cause sci fi isn’t my typical cup of tea, but I definitely liked your characters, the creativity in your Ogelzetrap, and your sense of humor. (:
#4 -- the last part
Here are your questions to answer:
- Because I’d like to know, I’ll ask again — what do you think of the name ‘Infinity Dreams’?
- What is your favorite period of history?
- What season would you most want your wedding in?
- Do you genuinely like coffee?
- Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or can you do multiple plots at once?
- What’s your general opinion of Homer?
- If you could automatically know any language without having to study for years, what would you pick?
- Favorite kind of ice cream?
- Book you most want to visit the setting of?
- Do you have freckles?
- You come home from babysitting one day and find a battered box sitting on your bed with some complicated, illegible postmark. After getting through the duct tape, you open the package and find a box. — a really old box. The wooden kind with antique scrollwork and an intricate lock. You touch the delicate clasp, and realize that it isn’t actually locked.
Your gut reaction? Will you open it? What do you think is inside?
Have fun! And happy almost spring!!